Coming June 1st on Xbox Live and PC Download the Sanctum of Slime Challenge Pack. This add-on adds new difficulty levels and a new game play mode which allows for a more single player style of game.

New Game Modes.

Arcade Challenge: Designed for seasoned gamers, Arcade Challenge gives players a limited number of lives to see how their skills line up on a distinct Global Leaderboard. Players run through 5 of the game’s most challenging levels in single player mode and once the lives are up, the game is over. Player scores are automatically posted to a new real-time Leaderboard.

Lonely Hero: Players can select any level they have unlocked and start from there but this time you are on your own - no co-op, no friendly teammates- just one player to combat the waves of the paranormally possessed.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Challenge Pack will be available on June 1, 2011 for $1.99 or 160 Microsoft Points.
i fell for this money trap the first time, and for half a second i was happy that they had made an attempt to "fix" the game but it seems that they are only trying to milk the already robbed fans of even more money for a supposed upgrade that does nothing but make an almost impossible and broken game even harder? no thanks atari I learned my lesson the first time around. and besides i always did play the game without any help even when the AI was enabled lol
Its a shame the other game never got attention like this after release, no DLC...nothin'. I cant believe this game is getting extra content. I couldn't even withstand playing the demo for more than 5-10 min.

A challenge map mode like this where you could play as the actual GB like online, would have added so much to the other game and so much replay value. Too bad. They should still do it.
I'm with everybody else on this one. Though, I actually thought Sanctum of Slime was okay, I definitely agree that the difficulty level was already a little ridiculous in some levels. So, how is adding a game mode where you literally play by yourself supposed to add enjoyment to the game? It's already bad enough playing with the AI. Why would I want to literally have no help?

By the way, I noticed that the trailer also mentions an "Arcade Challenge" mode. Anybody have any idea what that is? What is the difference between that and "Lone Hero?"
Ghost Bustin' gets tough with 2 new game modes
Yeah...... If they really did add an "easier" difficulty level it might be worth picking this up. Has anyone seen how much the price point is on this yet?

EDIT: As to the Arcade Mode question, Ghostbustersnews had this:
Arcade Challenge gives you 3 lives and that’s it; how far can you get?
This is the write-up on the Xbox marketplace:

"Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime gets a whole lot more with the all new single player Challenge Pack, including Lonely Hero mode and Arcade Challenge mode. In Lonely Hero, there is no co-op, no friendly teammates, just you and waves of the paranormally possessed. Designed for seasoned gamers, Arcade Challenge gives you 3 lives and that’s it; how far can you get? See how your skills line up on a distinct Global Leaderboard."

Designed for seasoned gamers!? So the normal game is for casual gamers? I beat this entire game by myself with no co-op, and it was ridiculously hard. Level 10 and the boss were huge pains.....and not because they were "actually" difficult and challenging, but because of the flawed game mechanics. Ridiculous.

It doesn't look like there's any achievements for this, which is good, and the price on 360 is 160 MS point ($2).
joeghostbuster wrote:I looked up Sanctum of Slime on wikipedia, it says it's available for windows... I wonder if I could buy and download the game and bring it home on a flash drive to play on my offline computer? (I just want to play the "lone hero" mode)
The Windows version I bought from Atari.com a few months ago already has "Lone Hero" mode, so how is that a new feature?

Joe, the game "as is" requires online activation, so you can't play it "as is" on an offline computer. However, I have fixed files on my site that will let you play it without online activation, but you will still need a legit copy of the game. The files I provide on my site are NOT the whole game. I don't endorse piracy, just getting rid of online activation - especially for a game that doesn't have any online play.

You can buy a downloadable copy of the game from Atari.com or Amazon.com.

On a side note, I don't see how making an already hard game even harder is a positive thing. And shouldn't the REAL Ghostbusters game - you know, the one that came out two years ago - be the one to get some long-overdue DLC? I will be utterly shocked if this DLC even sells one copy, excluding any "sold" using free promo codes given out by Atari.
It was $2. The avatar items cost more than that.

I bought it and played the go until you die mode.. I lasted 16 minutes and got halfway through the 2nd level. Who can beat that? (Hopefully most of you!)
spookcentral wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:I looked up Sanctum of Slime on wikipedia, it says it's available for windows... I wonder if I could buy and download the game and bring it home on a flash drive to play on my offline computer? (I just want to play the "lone hero" mode)
The Windows version I bought from Atari.com a few months ago already has "Lone Hero" mode, so how is that a new feature?

Joe, the game "as is" requires online activation, so you can't play it "as is" on an offline computer. However, I have fixed files on my site that will let you play it without online activation, but you will still need a legit copy of the game. The files I provide on my site are NOT the whole game. I don't endorse piracy, just getting rid of online activation - especially for a game that doesn't have any online play.

You can buy a downloadable copy of the game from Atari.com or Amazon.com.

On a side note, I don't see how making an already hard game even harder is a positive thing. And shouldn't the REAL Ghostbusters game - you know, the one that came out two years ago - be the one to get some long-overdue DLC? I will be utterly shocked if this DLC even sells one copy, excluding any "sold" using free promo codes given out by Atari.
I just bought it from atari.com, downloading the file (339 mb!) right now. even if it stinks I still want to try it. the first GB game was epic and anything but a direct sequel isnt going to be as good so Im going in with low expectations lol
ParkBench wrote:Its a shame the other game never got attention like this after release, no DLC...nothin'. I cant believe this game is getting extra content. I couldn't even withstand playing the demo for more than 5-10 min.

A challenge map mode like this where you could play as the actual GB like online, would have added so much to the other game and so much replay value. Too bad. They should still do it.
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous that they never released a thing for that game. At the very least they could have released the mutiplayer skins that were given away with pre-orders just to give us SOMETHING.

Seems that not only Hasbro pulse members get the[…]

I've got a bit of a theory that might make some of[…]

Second, and this is a big one, I want to know: J[…]

A slime blower of my very own

When someone asks you, if you need a power sander,[…]