Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Daniel Welch
What's everybody doing for the end of the world on May 21st, 2011? I'm going to be drinking beer, eating tri-tip, and playing video games. :nicejobyoudid:
By Ketchum
Not buying into the bullsh*t.
By dkdempsey
Well I obviously don't believe that the world will end at that time, but if the sky happens to be clear that evening, and the moon not too high in the sky, I would like to get around to doing some stargazing
By Daniel Welch
On a side note, I don't believe any of this doomsday crap either. I don't believe in Dec. 21st, 2012 either. If the Mayans could predict the future they would've forseen their own downfall.
By Some_Guy
You know what started this Saturday's "Rapture" business?

Some schmuck on the radio.

Do you know how many "Raptures" were supposed to happen before this? 12.

Do you know Sir Isaac Newton predicted that one will happen in, at least, 2060?
By Donkey8012
I'm really interested in hearing what this nutjob is gonna say when he's wrong about this date. He's already been wrong once, way back in '94. He attributed that to a mathematical error.
By cowbybill
We're hosting a table at the big wow comic convention in San Jose that day.
I can't wait until the day comes and the guy has to explain to everyone that believed him why it didn't happen.
By Kingpin
He'll simply attribute the non-rapture to being another "mathematical error".

Me? I'll be shopping in town during the day, collecting my latest haul of comics, and dining on McDonalds at supper time, after having watched Doctor Who and ready to watch CSI: New York.
By Fritz
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

And you know what's in there now:
May 21, 2011 Harold Camping, whose rapture predictions failed in 1994 and 1995, decided to jump back in to the date-setting game, predicting this as the day of the Rapture. His prediction attracted major publicity.
I think this is the one I find most credible:
ca. 4,500,000,000 AD The sun will swell into a red giant star, swallowing Mercury, Venus, Earth, and perhaps Mars. This will be the true end of the world!
By cowbybill
I sort of feel sorry for some of these people. They quit thier jobs, sold off everything they own, and when saturday comes and goes they'll be left homeless,unemployed,and broke. I not saying they're not to blame and they didn't bring this upon themselves, I just feel sorry for them.
As morbid as it sounds it will be interesting to see if the suicide rate increases on Saturday because of this.
By joeghostbuster
not sure what, if anything, will happen. but just as a precaution Ive been attending Sunday morning services at my local church for the past month. nothing extreme like selling off my possessions, but its made me worry enough to start attending church, and if nothing happens I will probably keep going. its pretty laid back and we have snacks and social time afterwards lol. our pastor claims 5/21 will be just another day. I'm hoping she's right.
By ThrowingChicken
The guys formula is so ridiculous, just a little tweaking could make any date the rapture and it wouldn't be any more or less believable than what he has now. There isn't anything wrong with going to church if you want to go to church, but it's pretty silly if you change up your life style over the prediction of some old (and twice, soon-to-be thrice, failed) cuckoo.
By Doctor Venkman
Can't believe anyone would actually buy into this enough to even remotely change their normal behavior.

And yes, I feel bad for the people who have COMPLETELY bought into this and have ruined their lives by doing so. Why quit your job and sell off everything? You can't take it with you, so wouldn't God just view that as taking advantage of the situation for personal gain, even if it's just for the last few days of life?

Let alone going to a month of church isn't going to make you one of the "saved."

Come Sunday, there will be excuses, and then everyone who bought into this even a little bit, will hang their head, blush, and go back to their normal life having hoped that they didn't tell too many people who completely lose any respect for the person's sanity or ability to think for themselves.
By muthapussbucket1984
Im going to mercilessly mock and heckle the fools who bought into it so deeply that they quit their jobs, took their kids out of school and gave away all their possessions to prepare for the event.. I even started a Facebook event for just such an occasion.
By Ketchum
Guys I cracked the code. May 21, 2011: Bill Murray says yes to GB3, world explodes. Makes sense now.
By Smits
Ketchum wrote:Guys I cracked the code. May 21, 2011: Bill Murray says yes to GB3, world explodes. Makes sense now.
+1
By Doctor Venkman
joeghostbuster wrote:I never said that it automatically makes me "one of the saved" DV. does it make me feel even 5% better by going every Sunday? yes it does.
5% better still doesn't get you anywhere though, that's my point.

If you weren't one of the saved (see: not 100%), then being 50% or even 95% isn't going to have you being saved, and you'll still burn like anyone else who wasn't 100% saved.

So increasing your "chances" by 5% isn't getting you anywhere.

And if it were me personally, I'd be embarrassed that it took a crackpot equivalent of a televangelist to "renew my faith" to start going to church, even if you continue going after this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you. I just think it's ridiculous that anyone could even remotely buy into this guy's crap.
By Crix
I'm gonna go around town and lay out old pairs of clothes on the sidewalks.

I might even add some non-christian faith symbols to them, jewish stars, crescent moons, etc.
By Donkey8012
Crix wrote:I'm gonna go around town and lay out old pairs of clothes on the sidewalks.

I might even add some non-christian faith symbols to them, jewish stars, crescent moons, etc.

Yes.
By Smits
Crix wrote:I'm gonna go around town and lay out old pairs of clothes on the sidewalks.

I love you for this.

Seems that not only Hasbro pulse members get the[…]

I've got a bit of a theory that might make some of[…]

Second, and this is a big one, I want to know: J[…]

A slime blower of my very own

When someone asks you, if you need a power sander,[…]